Thursday, December 15, 2011

the point

I don't know exactly what I want from this blog. But I think I need to start one. It's an idea I've toyed with for a long time, and it's my New Year's resolution to USE this!

Use it for what? Well, essentially, to help myself make my life better. Yep, this is a selfish blog!

The initial purpose was to track my primary goal for 2012 which is weight loss. This has pretty much been a mild obsession of mine since I was... well, you know, very young. I've always been overweight, but it's gotten out of hand the past couple years. Four years of college (AKA junk food and booze) followed by the most stressful job ever has led to a pretty unhealthy me. I have the same boring typical goals of everyone - lose weight, exercise more.

But to me it's more than that. I know that I only feel good when I'm working out and eating right, but I also need to learn to manage stress in an effective way!

Not only that, but I want to create more. Which is part of this blog. I've always written, always kept journals. I'm writing a novel. Not a good one, but a cathartic one. So another goal is to create more, instead of being a mindless consumer - most days, I come home from work, and after cooking dinner (my other good form of creation - I love cooking) I just loaf. I multitask while I watch television - read blogs, just consume, consume, consume. I want to create more. I had a brief love affair with some canvas and acrylics, but my ability ends at creating what one would call "abstract" art. But I know I have more in me. I can do more.


I also want to use this blog to collect. Sort of like a scrapbook (dare I say kinda like Tumblr? Ruh roh.) When I find things that inspire me, or articles, I just want to post them, and reflect on them.

This is my first post. Wish me luck.

I will be posting more specific goals, and how I plan to attain these goals, closer to January 1st. In the mean time, I'll probably just be posting stolen stuff from other places :) I started making my own little slideshow over a year ago of pictures and quotes and words I've collected... I think it's time to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment