Sunday, February 12, 2012

Start of week 7


I'm a little annoyed that I gained weight over vacation. I gained over two pounds. I'm hoping it's just one of those fluky things, that I just ate too much salt or something. And I also know that small fluctuations are normal and that I should not be angry about a 2+ lb weight gain. But it's frustrating to not weigh yourself for over a week… and eat well and work out a lot, and then gain 2 pounds. Blah. Oh well, nothing to do but to keep on doing what I'm doing.

Went to Trader Joe's yesterday and spent $80! I was really out of food after being on vacation for a week. Here's my dinner menu plan for the week:

SATURDAY
Zesty Garlic Chicken Wraps with tomatoes and spinach (I've posted the link to this recipe before, from Crepes of Wrath. It has more calories than I normally like at dinner - if you add cheese, about 500 total - but is sooooo delicious. Everything I've made from her site has been delicious, actually. Link is here.) 

SUNDAY
Truffled Whole Wheat Mac & Cheese with a side of steamed broccoli (Cooking Light recipe - this turned out quite well even though I didn't have truffle oil which sort of defeated the purpose. Recipe is here.

MONDAY
Leftovers

TUESDAY
Bean-stuffed bell peppers with Manchego (a really interesting recipe from the Rodale Whole Foods Cookbook. Bell peppers stuffed with onion, garlic, beans, and an odd but delicious sauce that is almost like a mole sauce - has unsweetened cocoa powder in it.) 

WEDNESDAY
Leftovers

THURSDAY
Pinto Bean Nachos (I made this almost every week for quite some time. Homemade tortilla chips topped with mashed pinto beans and whatever toppings you'd like - I usually use some spinach, tomato, avocado, sometimes bell pepper if I have some. Recipe is here.

FRIDAY
Jimmy John's (my night with my Dad)

Today's workout was my Gold's Gym Wii game… so much fun. Did it for 45 minutes and burned 450 calories per my heart rate monitor. Not too shabby. I'm glad I did it before dinner and not after because I am realllllly full after that mac and cheese. Sort of a heavier dish even though you get less than 1 oz of cheese per serving - way to go, Cooking Light. If I make it again I think I'll throw some broccoli in there instead of having it on the side because I think there was enough sauce to cover everything. 

I go back to work on Tuesday and am having quite a few anxieties about it. I got a new boss while I was on vacation and I'm really curious to know how that's going… maybe I'll do some Wii Yoga tonight to try to relax. 


No comments:

Post a Comment