Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21

Wow, what a week! And weekend.

I had a half bad and half great week, health-wise. I kind of had the same problem I did last week where I did great the very beginning, crappy in the middle, and then great again at the end. I was really stressed out and irritable and, as it turns out, I was PMSing. I've pretty much been maintaining the same weight, at 37 lbs lost. I think my body is probably freaking out at the random good and bad things I'm putting into it. 

I didn't do as well on exercise as I planned. A little under 200 minutes. I need to get back up to 250. 

I took Friday off from work and it's a great thing that I did. I think I needed an extra day of break. I've had an amazing weekend, including three fantastic workouts (an hour of step aerobics on Friday, over an hour of hiking yesterday, and a really hard hour of jogging today) and I've stayed on-track, food wise, despite going out to eat twice (once at Granite City, once at Panera.) I don't have a whole lot of time to go into it right now but I had a fantastic weekend and some good night's sleep and some Fall Therapy including pumpkin-buying, autumn-scented candles, hiking in the woods, and ice cold hard apple cider, which I am sipping on right now. I also made some delicious homemade low-fat, low-sugar granola that I'm in love with and will probably make again pretty soon since I have all the ingredients handy. Definitely enjoyed scarfing some of that down while hiking.

I'm trying extra hard to stay afloat and happy because I have some seasonal affective disorder issues (well, who doesn't?) with the daylight changes. I've been really anxious, irritable, and depressed. So I'm trying REALLY hard to not let it get to me, and I know the best way to do that is to stay on track. 

SUNDAY
Artichoke chicken sandwiches
Run, 51 minutes

MONDAY
Baked Goat Cheese and roasted winter squash over garlicky fettuccine
Rest day

TUESDAY
Crispy Quinoa Sliders
Frontside circuit training, 43 minutes

WEDNESDAY
Leftovers
Backside circuit training, 53 minutes

THURSDAY
French onion soup and salad
Cardio Blast, 35 minutes

FRIDAY
Walnut and rosemary chicken sandwiches, salad
Rest day

SATURDAY
Decide next week
Step aerobics, 63 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment