Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week 16

I did terribly this past week. Like, worse than I have ever done. It showed, too. I'm now up four pounds from my lowest weight that I hit... sometime last week. I expected I'd gain no matter how good I was since I'd been sick and probably lost a lot of water weight, but four pounds is more than I expected.

I was consistent with my exercise, got in 220 minutes or so for the week, but only because I ended up hiking for an hour and a half at Devil's Lake yesterday; otherwise, I wouldn't have even reached my 150 minute goal. The hike felt good though, I'd had a really bad headache on Friday and felt nauseous, and I think getting some fresh air helped. I burned almost 700 calories so that's nice.

I was feeling pretty crappy all week and there were two days when I don't even want to KNOW how many calories I ate... I really went crazy though on Friday and I really felt terrible about it all weekend.

But back on track as of yesterday. And today is the start of a new week. Here's my menu plan. I'm not posting my exercise plan because I wrote it down on my board at home but I'm not home right now, so... I can't remember! After I finish this blog I'm gonna go for a walk/run, but I'm a little nervous because we're supposed to get really nasty storms. My normal route is 3.6 miles or so, but it gets me pretty far from my house, so I don't want to get caught in the rain... I'll just have to maybe stay close this time and go a different way.


SUNDAY
Apple Maple Bacon Turkey Burgers with tomato, lettuce, and red onion on a whole-wheat bun

MONDAY
Whole wheat BBQ chicken pizza with bell pepper and onion

TUESDAY
Blackened chicken salad with avocado

WEDNESDAY
Portobello mushroom sandwiches

THURSDAY
Glazed tofu with brown rice and broccoli

FRIDAY
Going out w/ coworkers to the Echo I believe, probably not for too long, but I'll either eat there or have leftovers when I get home

SATURDAY
Jimmy John's vegetarian sub

I found this cute idea for Smoothie Packs on Pinterest, and I've decided to make myself a green smoothie for breakfast in the mornings and then bring some sort of protein snack to work to eat mid-morning. I'm just going to try it for a few days this week (I really only have enough ingredients to make 3 or 4 smoothies) and see if it tides me over. I try to eat my veggies but I really don't get enough greens, and I don't think I get a whole lot of vitamin B, so I figured this would be easy. I made one this morning, and with four cups of spinach in it, it was slightly taste-able, but mostly overpowered with fruit. I just used Trader Joe's cherry/berry frozen fruit blend, some 100% juice, and the spinach (my bananas weren't ripe enough, but I do love the consistency that they lend to smoothies so I am going to freeze some when ripe.) I'd love to try it with some kale or other greens too. I then had some sunflower seeds later on in the morning and it did tide me over until I had lunch, so not too bad. I think tonight I will portion out servings of fruit into the plastic baggies as suggested and maybe even some bags of spinach to keep in the fridge so I have everything ready to go in the mornings. I'm not there now because my landlord is there installing a new garbage disposal (mine broke about a month ago) and I'm socially awkward beyond all reason.

Oh, creativity-wise, I have been doing a little better. Been writing a lot in my book and today I made it out to the craft store for some more canvas and paint, and a shadow box project I'm going to try to do. I have a couple ideas...



No comments:

Post a Comment