Friday, April 6, 2012

Sigh

You know how I said the universe didn't want me to exercise? 
No lie. Seriously. 

I got sick. *again*. After two days of lying on my couch and googling what various cancers and diseases I had that were causing the intense pain in my stomach, I settled on simple gastritis likely caused by practically overdosing on ibuprofen from my LAST round of illness. (It should be noted that I despise it when people self-diagnose, but I am a gigantic hypocrite and do it all the time.) My throat was still a bit sore on Monday and Tuesday when I was at work, so I kept taking ibuprofen. I was basically taking tons of the stuff every day for a whole week because it kept my sore throat away and made the general achiness of the cold/flu go away. Apparently my stomach wasn't a huge fan.

I'm still not 100%, but am back at work. I even managed to *sort of* work out yesterday, but could only make it a half hour and it was fairly low-intensity. I've wasted so much time being sick and I was just seriously fuming on my couch. I'm pretty neutral about my job these days - which is a huuuuge increase from absolutely, 1000% loathing it for the last year and a half - and I actually missed being there. Luckily my coworkers are great and I didn't come back to shittons of work to do, either, so that was a relief.

Hopefully this is the last of it and I can get back to feeling healthy.

The one positive of all of it (aside from finally beating Donkey Kong Country on my classic controller for the Wii) was that I lost a couple more pounds. One symptom of gastritis is lack of appetite, and I felt so gross anyway, so I was under my calories almost every day this week, which I think is fine since the only activity I really did was moving from my couch to my bed and back again. 

This means I've hit my 20 pounds lost mark... in fact, I'm down 21.8 pounds since the beginning of the year. Not shabby.

I haven't noticed any real change in my body, which isn't shocking considering how much I weigh. I mean, I notice little teensy changes, but I don't think there's been anything noticeable at all, which again, is fine. I feel like I might be getting a teensy bit more definition in my waist, but who knows. I don't really care a whole lot about that right now... I know that's the stuff you're supposed to care about more than the number on the scale, but it doesn't bother me. I know I'm generally making good decisions.

Anyway, so until yesterday I hadn't worked out since the previous Sunday... so I'd had 3 rest days in a row. I'm not going to have time tonight because I have to go to my dad's, but I might try to do a quick 25-minute cardio kickbox... but that's pretty high intensity and I don't know if I should or not. I really do want to reach my 150 minute minimum this week, despite being sick earlier this week, and I can do that if I do my long step aerobics video tomorrow plus just a little bit more (like 5 mins of something else.) I might just do that instead of trying to work out tonight. I have a little bit of a headache and I should probably just relax. I didn't get to bed until almost 2 a.m. last night because my sleep schedule got so out of wack and I was sleeping so MUCH. 

Anyway, let's hope this is the end of illness and I can just get back to my regularly scheduled life. Being sick is such a drag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment