Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 20 begins.

It's been a bit of a rough week. My emotions have sort of been on a roller coaster. I had a sort of tough time at work the second part of the week, and a lot of anger at a lot of people at work. Mostly frustration, but I really had to work to calm myself down. I don't have much of a temper and I never let it show (well, I whine EXTENSIVELY about it to other coworkers, but it's not like I have a temper tantrum.) I also was expecting a friend to come visit this weekend but he ended up not being able to, which really bummed me out. I'm also worried about my financial situation; I've been spending too much money and I just got a really expensive car insurance bill that I wasn't expecting (I didn't realize it was time to pay my 6 months already!!!) Anyway, I ended up not doing great this week. I only managed a total of 132 fitness minutes... I think this is only the 2nd time I haven't met my exercise goal. I skipped my workout on Thursday AND on Saturday... I rarely do that! I normally end up skipping one workout because I schedule myself for well over 175 minutes (my goal) so if something comes up I can miss a workout. But I almost never skip my Saturday workout because my weekends are when I do my longer workouts (Usually an hour walk/jog on one day and my step aerobics on another.) But yesterday I was just really busy and I never got around to it.

Mostly it's due to laziness, not injury. But my right foot... still... is giving me trouble. It doesn't help that while dissembling my bed last week, a large metal piece fell directly onto said foot, and now I have an extremely interesting bruise. I also managed to trip over a computer charger and fall into the direct sharp corner of a bookcase... my back has been hurting for a week now. I have a REALLY nasty bruise/scrape and it hurt so much the first couple days that I couldn't even sleep on my back.  I sure manage to injure myself extremely frequently...

Anyway, I had a really hard time managing myself this week. I drank to excess twice, and there was also a night where I majorly binged.

All of that said, though, I didn't make bad decisions all of the week and I managed to actually lose some weight, about a pound. I weighed in at my lowest since the beginning of the year today, for a total of 23.6 lbs lost. I think some of it was that I was carrying around some water weight last week, because I definitely expected to gain weight.

Had a couple outings where I was even proud of myself, actually. My parents and I went to Olive Garden on Friday (my parents are divorced but still get along so we usually do stuff for each other's birthdays, etc.) I managed to make a decent food choice there, though I really hate Olive Garden so nothing was super tempting! I avoided the wine, too.

Today I had a mother's day cookout with my mom's side of the family. I got up extra early so I could fit in my hour-long step aerobics, which I did. I really didn't want to go, because I haven't spoken to my sister in several months and hadn't really planned to. I initially was going to skip the thing entirely but my mom really wanted me there, and I didn't go to Easter which made her sad, so I sucked it up and went and it was fine. I didn't plan ahead for the brunch because I was told that there were going to be veggies and stuff there and I was planning on just nibbling on some stuff.

 Unfortunately there was really nothing healthy there. The only thing they grilled was steak - no chicken or anything. I had a very small portion of steak (I'm not a huge fan of steak anyway) and then some of the sides. They weren't healthy, but I tracked everything (was pretty generous with it too - I think I tracked more calories than I actually consumed). I had fruit salad (nothing added, just fruit, luckily), a very small portion of pasta salad (about a quarter cup) and potato salad (1/2 cup-ish). I again avoided the alcohol (some of my family can really put back the wine!) and all the appetizers (chips with guacamole, etc.) and avoided dessert. So I managed to stay within calories today, plus I burned 640 calories doing step aerobics this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Trying to be more creative and stuff and take care of my mental health since I've been slacking on that lately. I have to remember to focus on it because it can get away from me quickly, especially my anxiety. I wrote in my book for the first time in a couple weeks last night and it felt nice. I've also been re-doing my bedroom which is sort of where I'm finding myself more broke than usual.

I started this grid for May where I track some stuff and I think I'm going to do it again for June but I'm going to alter it. Basically, I have a table in Word where I have one row for each day and I just answer basic questions as to whether I stayed within my calorie range for the day, whether I exercised, my weight, and what I did creatively, if anything. I think for June I will add a column for alcohol use and another for emotions, because I think it will be interesting to see how my emotions coincide with going over my calories. It's probably going to be exactly as I predict, but anyway, it's been a nice visual so far and I like to track my daily fluctuations in weight.

At any rate, here's my menu plan/exercise plan:


SUNDAY
Chipotle Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Guacamole tacos with tomato
Step Aerobics, 63 minutes

MONDAY
Spring asparagus and pea pasta
Cardio kickbox, 25 minutes

TUESDAY
Baked herbed chicken Parmesan with broccoli
Rest day

WEDNESDAY
Leftovers
Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, 40 minutes

THURSDAY
Pinto bean nachos with bell pepper and veggies
Spark Cardio Blast, 30 minutes

FRIDAY
Jimmy John's veggie sub
Rest day

SATURDAY
Not sure on dinner
Running or step aerobics (depending on weather), 55-65 minutes







No comments:

Post a Comment