Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 21

Where did my weekend go? Seriously! It's been a good one, though, very productive. I spent it entirely by myself (aside from interacting with cashiers while doing errands), which is pretty rare for me, and got a lot done.

Weight-wise, I weigh a pound less than I was last Sunday. Actually, mid-week I hit my lowest weight for a total of 26.4 lbs lost, and awarded myself my 25-lb lost trophy on SparkPeople... but then managed to gain nearly two pounds so I'm at a total of 24.6 lbs lost. So close to that 25 mark!

I got in 204 fitness minutes this week, which surprised me. Mainly because I skipped one of my workouts so I felt like I was slacking, but then I made up for it by doing a longer one on one of my rest days. The whole week I felt like I wasn't doing well, but hey, a pound lost is a pound lost.

I usually do my longer workouts on each weekend day, but I felt really busy today so I just did my shorter, more intense one and moved my longer one to later in the week. I might do some Wii Yoga later just for fun, but I don't know if I'll get to it!

Yesterday I did tons of errands... went to the grocery store, Target, Walgreens, the craft store (which was closed) and to the fabric store (right next door). The last three were to try to find materials to make these silly "calming jars" which are essentially snow globes. I saw the idea on Pinterest and sort of loved it. Basically, I'm redoing my bedroom and it's sort of silly and whimsical and colorful...I have hanging lanterns and such... I'm trying to make it a real sanctuary, calming place with really nothing in except my mattress and pillows and blankets, but I have this ugly shelving unit that I can't get rid of since I'm renting so I put these snowglobe-like things on it. They're actually really fun... basically just full of water, food coloring, glitter glue, and glitter. Anyway, it was for some reason ridiculously difficult to find clear glue (I never did find it, but did find glitter glue) and I also couldn't find loose glitter at Target which was really annoying, and the craft store was closed already by 6:00, which was too bad because I could have made these nicer if I could find better glitter. The only glitter I found at the fabric store was large gold and silver flakes, but whatever. At any rate, that's one quasi-crafty thing I did this week. I also wrote in my book quite a bit which always feels good, it's pretty therapeutic.

Today I spent most of the day being pretty active. Though my workout was short (as I mentioned), I spent a couple hours trying to deep-clean my kitchen. My two friends are coming to stay with me this coming up weekend, and I couldn't be more excited. However, this means I'm also getting really neurotic about cleaning everything. I scrubbed out my fridge and microwave and stove, cleaned out all my cabinets and re-stocked them, ran cleaning cycles through my coffee maker (vinegar and water with two water rinses), did three loads of laundry, and tidied up the rest of the place. I'll need to do more before they get here, but it's a good start. These two particular friends haven't stayed with me before and they'll be essentially living here for 3 days so I'm getting a little obsessive. If someone's stayed with me before I don't really care much if everything isn't like, deep-cleaned, but... I want to be impressive the first time around. I don't get to be a hostess very often!

Since I'll have guests starting Friday I'm not really certain how I'm going to meal plan for the upcoming weekend. I'll have time to work out on Friday before they get here (I have the day off of work) but I'm not sure what they'll want to do.  One of them is fairly adventurous food-wise, but I don't think my other friend would touch, say, tofu with a ten-foot pole. I don't really know, though. So I don't know if I'll be cooking for them or if we'll just be eating out or what. Madison does have a lot of good restaurants but budget-wise I'm not sure what we'll end up doing. And I'm hoping to take them to Devil's Lake so I'm guessing I'll be able to get some exercise in, and I want to take them on other walks and stuff too so hopefully I won't slack too much on my fitness. And if I do? Well, I'll just hope I have fun and that it's worth it and that I'll do a good job again once they leave! It's Memorial Day weekend so I want to have some fun.

So here's my menu/exercise plan:


SUNDAY
Tinga de Pollo (chicken in tomato-chipotle sauce with pico de gallo and brown rice)
Cardio Kickbox, 25 mins

MONDAY
Teriyaki Tofu and Pineapple Kebabs
Rest Day

TUESDAY
Leftovers
Walk/run, 55 mins

WEDNESDAY
Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches
Frontside circuit training, 40 mins

THURSDAY
Something frozen
Rest day

FRIDAY
Not sure food-wise...
40 mins Gold's Gym

SATURDAY
??



No comments:

Post a Comment