Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 22

I'm really embarrassed to write this post, even though I know this blog isn't read by more than one person (me). I'm sort of embarrassed to write this to MYSELF. I sort of feel like I'm a parent lecturing a bad kid.

I did horrifically this week. I got a whopping (not) 68 minutes of fitness in. That's it.
I mentioned that I was having two friends come in and I thought I could really do okay with that and stick to my eating plan and maybe not totally knock out fitness altogether.
What I did INSTEAD was really ruin the entire week "because I'm really going to do horribly this weekend anyway." Since about... Wednesday? I think, I have been a total wreck, in regards to food, exercise, alcohol, and mental health.

My visit with my friends was fun, but really different than what I had expected. In 48 hours we consumed an entire bottle of Bailey's (them), two bottles of white wine, the good part of a liter of vodka (mostly me), a pitcher of strawberry-flavored margaritas (which they then followed by a shared 32-oz margarita), drinks here and there at restaurants. They had expected me to take them to the bars at night, and just "whatever's going on downtown" whereas I was thinking more about going to museums and Devil's Lake. We almost made it to a museum but we were in a two-hour parking spot near State St. and wouldn't have had time. But they started their days with Baileys in their coffee, and mojitos on State Street at noon. At night we drank tons, especially me. And I'd bought some healthy food and made a sort of meal plan and figured I'd cook at least a couple times for them, but instead we ended up going out to eat for breakfast/lunch every day (since we never climbed out of bed until 10:00 or 10:30 due to just general alcohol consumption and then by the time we were all showered and ready it was more like noon). On Friday night I had what I assume was a really high-fat wrap and tater tots, Saturday morning it was brunch at the French bakery and I had a sandwich with ham and swiss, steak fajitas for dinner Saturday night, and a burger and fries for lunch on Sunday. They were supposed to leave Monday, but decided early on that they wanted that extra day to recuperate, and I was first sort of disappointed but I'm grateful that it happened because I couldn't live like that for another day. I was getting kind of stressed because I really wanted to be a good hostess and I didn't feel like I was. I still had fun, but I'm left a bit confused about the whole experience. Part of it was also weather issues; when we were wandering State it started to rain, and yesterday was so hot that they didn't want to go to the lake, which really bummed me out. One of them is sort of naturey and I thought she'd really like it, but I was too hungover to hike and it would probably be really busy because of the holiday, but... I don't know, I just felt like a lot of time was wasted drinking.

So how much weight have I gained since last Sunday?
5.6 pounds. And judging by what I just described last week's habits as, I think it will stick.
I've been sort of a nervous wreck about this. It feels like so much work was undone. I was so anxious last night after they left, it was ridiculous.

But there's not much else I can do at this point except MOVE ON! I have bigger plans for June.
Today I'm going to try to get some good, real nutrition in my system... a green smoothie for breakfast, and I'm making a big salad for dinner with grilled chicken. My family doesn't do much for Memorial Day and if they are, they didn't invite me because they thought I'd be spending it with my friends, but I'm ok with that. I need this day to recuperate and clean, and I'm going to do my step aerobics workout.

I'll probably post more about my June plan later, but for now, here's my menu plan for the week. Since I bought all my groceries on Friday, I'm hoping they last...

SUNDAY
Frozen pizza

MONDAY
Blackened chicken salad with avocado and tomato
Step aerobics, 63 minutes

TUESDAY
Vegetable and rice burritos with quesadilla cheese
Cardio kickbox, 25 mins

WEDNESDAY
Crispy glazed tofu
Rest day

THURSDAY
Rosemary chicken salad sandwiches
Backside strength/cardio workout, 50 mins

FRIDAY
Jimmy John's veggie sub
Rest day

SATURDAY
Not sure for dinner... (grocery shopping day!)
Walk/run (if nice out), otherwise step aerobics (55 or 63 mins)



No comments:

Post a Comment