Monday, November 19, 2012

November 18th

Yikes.

I'm not even weighing myself lately. That's how bad this past week was.

I got sick... which always screws me up terribly. I only did about 100 minutes of fitness for the entire week because I was sick. And although it was a stomach bug, I don't think I lost any weight. Mainly because when I DID start feeling better, I was so hungry and weak that I ate a ton. It was sort of awful.
Luckily I was pretty on track yesterday and have tried to sort of suck it up. It is really difficult for me to focus right now, knowing that Thanksgiving is coming up and all of that. On Thanksgiving I'm just going to try to be reasonable. I'm going to avoid the wine, eat reasonable portions of all my favorites, and I have a workout planned for the afternoon. I'm also not going to take home any leftovers, which always makes my mom mad, haha.

 I'm also going to try to make it to Devil's Lake over the weekend, which is always a good workout. The weather is pretty nice here all week, so I might try to go on Friday. I was originally planning on going out of town, but I don't think I'm going to now.

Yesterday I did my first workout in 5 days... my step aerobics... it was TOUGH.

I think I mentioned that I've been struggling so much with motivation lately. This is why I haven't lost weight in ages. Normally I roll my eyes when I lack motivation because honestly, most of me is just like "Just shut up and DO IT" and that normally works. But I've been struggling, especially this past month. I keep trying to find things to switch it up a bit to keep it interesting, but I've just had so much else on my mind lately. I think part of me is wanting to put off that "extra push" until the new year, but I really don't want to undo the progress I HAVE made. My goal for 2012 was to lose 50 lbs and I've lost 40, so that's pretty good in my book. I just know that if I cut myself slack at this time of year I will end up gaining 5-10 lbs back. And there's no time like the present.

One thing that's minorly exciting is that I discovered Collage Video. How did I not know about this before?! I love being able to watch clips of lots of different workout videos; it lets me gauge if I can do it or not. I found out that my step aerobics video that I do each week is actually rated as 'intermediate/advanced' which made me kind of happy. At any rate, I added a bunch of videos to my Amazon wishlist when I was sick, so I should probably be getting some for the holidays. I'll be excited to mix it up a bit. I definitely need more videos and I don't like renting/borrowing them because I usually end up using them for a long time.

SUNDAY
Beef and vegetable stew
Step Aerobics, 63 minutes

MONDAY
Leftovers
Rest Day (I may do some yoga or cardio kickbox though depending on what time I leave work)

TUESDAY
Chicken Caesar salad wraps
Frontside circuit training, 43 minutes

WEDNESDAY
Leftovers
Backside circuit training, 53 minutes

THURSDAY
Thanksgiving
Spark Cardio Blast, 35 minutes

FRIDAY
Korean-style tofu and veggie noodles
Hike/walk, probably around 50-60 minutes

SATURDAY
Decide next week
Walk/run, probably 50ish minutes






No comments:

Post a Comment