Saturday, November 24, 2012

November 25th and Skinny Snowman challenge

Okay, I need a boost here. I keep saying in every single entry what a hard time I've been having lately with doing things correctly. It's a bit odd to me because although I've certainly gotten off track this year, it is nothing like how it's been the past month or so. I think most recently I've just been PMSing, but things are just not right with me. My anxiety is through the roof, and I know that I'd be feeling so much better if I were doing things right. You know all those great and rational plans I had for the Thanksgiving week? I think I knew even when i was making those plans that I wasn't going to follow through with them Of course I did fine during the first few days of the week, but Thanksgiving was a big disaster. 

The guilt I feel when I'm not doing things right or healthfully is completely destroying any happiness I should be having during the holidays. It's so silly. 

So, what am I going to do between now and New Year's to keep myself sane and on track? I've joined the Skinny Snowman Challenge and I'm hoping that keeps me on track. I know ultimately that I just need to get back into the right mindset of "just f'ing DO IT." I'm going back to my handwritten notes too. I still track everything on SparkPeople but I like having a paper journal. Plus, for the challenge I'll need to keep track of lots of things so that I can keep track of my points. I've printed off everything I need and did all my grocery shopping today.

I'm going to try to focus on some other aspects of health… my anxiety has been so bad lately that I'm going to really need to focus on keeping myself slightly sane. I also really need to start drinking lots of water again, I keep realizing at like 3 pm each day that all I've had to drink is coffee.

Anyway, here's my menu plan and exercise plan for a week. Week 1's mini challenge is to try a new recipe, which I'm doing on Thursday. I wish that was the mini challenge every week, haha. I'm always trying new recipes.

SUNDAY
Artichoke, Spinach, and Goat-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Step Aerobics, 63 minutes

MONDAY
Leftovers
Rest Day

TUESDAY
Baked chicken taquitos
Frontside, 43 minutes

WEDNESDAY
Leftovers
Backside, 53 minutes

THURSDAY
Spicy Vegan Sriracha Tofu with Peanut Butter
Spark Cardio Blast, 35 minutes

FRIDAY
Leftovers
Yoga

SATURDAY
Decide next week
Walk/run or Step Aerobics

No comments:

Post a Comment