Sunday, January 22, 2012

End of week 3, start of week 4


Well, it is the beginning of week four already. I can't believe how fast time goes by.

3 weeks down. I will say that in week 3  i did better than week 2, but could have done way, way better. I didn't avoid alcohol, and I didn't stay within my calorie range a couple days. I did meet my exercise goals but could have done a lot more. 

Good news is that I lost those 2 pounds I gained last week. So I'm down .2 pounds from my lowest weight since I started January 1, and in total, I've lost 10.2 pounds since i started January 1st. 

Still need to figure out what to do with my stress level. I feel like I keep trying things and they just aren't working for me. I will have to work on that. My job is just terrible!

One of my new favorite workout tools is this Wii game.. It's essentially cardio boxing, and not much else, but it's really fun. I'm having a lot of trouble getting the "jump rope" to work the way I want to… which is too bad. Anyway, I had a lot of fun with it the first time I used it and I burned over 400 calories in 45 minutes according to my heart rate monitor, so I though that was pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to want to look into getting some more Wii Fit games. 

Also wanted to share one of my favorite recipes. Not going to post it here since it's from another person's blog and I didn't alter it significantly in any way, so I'll just link it - Zesty Garlic Chicken Wraps from Crepes of Wrath (one of my favorite food blogs - everything I've made from there has been delicious!)  I used a bunch of spinach and also used sharp cheddar (chopped into small cubes) in place of the pepperjack. I've made this twice now and it's amazing. The first time, I wasn't tracking my calories so I made extra sauce because the sauce is pretty much the best thing ever. But it's definitely one of the higher-fat meals that I make (due to the olive oil, though a lot does drain off when you remove the chicken from the marinade - I tried to estimate how much I actually consume) so when tracking carefully I didn't make more sauce. So good though. 

On the creativity front, I am working on (and almost finished with) a painting that I sort of like. I'm almost out of canvas already! I'm also planning on finally opening my novel tonight after I finish this blog… I just get frustrated every time I open it. I am becoming a bit obsessed with Pinterest… there are a lot of crafts and stuff that I think even a non-crafty person like me could handle. 

Here's my menu plan for the week. I went grocery shopping yesterday. They opened a new grocery store right next to my apartment. It used to be a Cub and I never liked the produce there, but I do like the new store. It's a lot more pricy than my normal store though. 

SATURDAY
Zesty Garlic Chicken Wraps (recipe above) and baby carrots

SUNDAY
Winter Vegetable Pie (recipe here.)This is delicious, but I don't think I made it right because mine turned into more of a stew than a pie. I don't think the veggies I picked out were big enough. Tasty though!)

MONDAY
Spicy Tofu Steaks with Bok Choy 

TUESDAY
Leftovers

WEDNESDAY
Portobello mushroom and red bell pepper sandwiches w/ broccoli

THURSDAY
Jimmy John's vegetarian sub

FRIDAY
Leftovers

Things I'm looking forward to… 
Having my friend start at my work tomorrow… hoping she can help with the stressful workload!
Picking up my new glasses after work tomorrow. They finally came in on Friday but the weather was so bad that I couldn't stop to get them. 
And most of all, going to Florida! I just have 8 more working days before I get to go to Englewood. Hopefully the weather will be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment