Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 1 over, week 2 menu plan

Total weight lost in week 1: 10 lbs (I am certain this will decrease dramatically when I weigh in tomorrow - I think my scale was off this morning or I was dehydrated or something because I lost over 3 pounds in one night! Guessing this is very inaccurate.)
Total exercise minutes: 289

Not shabby.

Created a menu plan for this week and went grocery shopping today.


SUNDAY
Black bean and cheese enchiladas with ranchero sauce (A Cooking Light recipe. I made it tonight. It was okay, but I won't be making it again.)

MONDAY
Portobello mushroom and red bell pepper sandwiches, snow peas on the side (the sandwich I posted a couple entries down)

TUESDAY
Pinto bean & corn burgers with spinach and chipotle mayonnaise (a Cooking Light recipe - haven't made this one in a long time, but I remember it being pretty good)

WEDNESDAY
Leftovers

THURSDAY
Garlic chicken over brown rice with broccoli (Not sure where I found this recipe; haven't tried it yet)

FRIDAY
Jimmy John's veggie sub

SATURDAY
Leftovers

Pretty anxious today so I'm not going to be writing a lot. Played on the Wii Fit a little bit. Tomorrow it's back to work... sigh! Tomorrow is my last day at my current office... so I'm really bummed out.

I used my slow cooker for the first time yesterday and it worked out deliciously, but I was impatient and should've let it cook longer. I made the bean and barley stew (recipe was posted in my last week's menu plan)  and it turned out really well. I thought it would be bland, but it was great, especially with some freshly grated gouda. I LOVE gouda. Mmm :)



No comments:

Post a Comment