Monday, September 10, 2012

In which I am awesome.

I feel great tonight.

I had sort of a restless, irritating day. Not bad, just feeling a little edgy, normal Monday feelings after a really great weekend. I was happy that I finally had a scheduled rest day after 9 days of working out without one.

But then I got home and I was watching my guilty pleasure, old episodes of The Biggest Loser, and I've said this before, but it seems so hard to watch that show and not work out at the same time. Especially because I ate about 150 calories over my range tonight.

(Also, I'd like to quickly interject here and say that besides the basic ridiculousness of the concept of The Biggest Loser, WHAT IS WITH THE PRODUCT PLACEMENT?! It reminds me of The Truman Show when they are so unbelievably blatant and ridiculous with products. Like it's an on-purpose joke. All the unhealthy crap they promote makes me really mad. But, whatever.)

Anyway, I know that if I felt like I really, truly needed it, or if I was really sore, then I would've taken my rest day. But I was feeling restless, so I decided to do a short but intense workout - my cardio kickboxing, which I haven't done in a while.

So I did that, and then felt like I could easily do more. So I did some basic stretching, some arm exercises with my resistance bands, 100 regular crunches and 100 bicycle crunches.

Not only did I hit a new low weight today (just .2 pounds down from yesterday, but I'll take it!) but I've reached almost 500 fitness minutes for the month already. I'm not planning on keeping that up, because I would no doubt burn myself out, but I just think that if I DID somehow keep that up, I could hit 1500 minutes in the month... which would be an average of a 50 minute workout EVERY DAY of the month. Part of me wonders if I could do that, if I incorporated less-intense workouts (walks) or longer medium-intensity workouts (hiking uphill). I'll see what the weather does, because often if I go to Devil's Lake or something I can easily hike for a couple hours and get in quite a few minutes. I'm going to stick to my goal of 1,000 minutes, though, because I don't think I've ever reached that before.

I also just sort of suddenly started seeing a difference in my arms and back. I don't know if it's just because I've been staring at my body a lot recently trying to find changes, but I definitely have more definition in my upper arms and, wow, I sort of have shoulder blades again!

Anyhow, time for bed. I always just like sharing when I'm in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment