Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 9th


I wrote the majority of this blog post yesterday, and part of the post was that yesterday, I weighed in at the exact same weight I did the prior week. And I'd written that I was sort of okay with that because it was really the lowest weight I'd reached and maintained, and I was okay with maintaining.

Well, when I got up this morning I was just sort of having a "skinny day" where I didn't feel bloated (it's that time of the month, so that's sort of rare), and I weighed in for my official weigh-in, and… BOOYAH. I was shocked. I lost three pounds!!! I haven't lost that much in one week since the first couple months I started doing this!  I am SO EXCITED about this. I am now down 38.2 pounds - I'm close to that 40 pound mark!

As planned, I really pushed myself this week. I put a stronger focus on strength, and completed four circuit training workouts as part of my fitness minutes. My goal was to complete 250 fitness minutes, and… I did 333. I'm very happy with that! And I have almost 400 for the month so far, so I'm well on my way to reaching 1,000 for the month. I have worked out every day this month, and nothing wimpy, either. I mentioned that if I didn't feel like doing a hard workout that I'd just go for a walk, but I'm happy to say I didn't do that. I worked out HARD. In my circuit training I have been using heavier weights and doing quick sprints in between circuits, and I've been doing the advanced versions of all the moves. Yesterday, I did my 3.6 mile loop and it was a lot easier than last week but still hard. I shaved 3 minutes off of the loop, though. Not much, but I'll take it.

However, I didn't really meet my food goals. I think I really only stayed within my range 2 or 3 of the 7 days. But I didn't really overeat, either - no binges or anything like that, I just ate extra when I was hungry, maybe 200 extra calories. And mostly healthy food, too. I don't really count that as not meeting my goal, because of all the extra time I put into working out. I am wondering if I should adjust my calorie range again, but as I haven't been losing as much weight as I'd like, I should probably continue to try to stick to what I have already.

Let's see, other goals… I've been much better with water intake, reaching at least 64 oz each day. No alcohol. Flossed every day. So, not really shabby on anything else I set out to do this week. I did guided meditation once, but I just don't think I'm the meditating type. I try, but I just cannot focus.

As proud of myself as I was for hitting 333 fitness minutes this week, I don't think it's sustainable for me at this point. I WOULD like to hit 250, though. I think I can do that. I had an advantage this week because I didn't have to work on Monday because of Labor Day,  so I had time to work out. I usually work until 7:30 on Mondays and so I use it as a rest day. I used to schedule myself for a workout but I never once got up early enough to do it (I go in late to work on Monday since I stay late) and so I've just accepted that I am NOT a morning-workout person. Which is fine, if I find time to do it later.

My menu plan looks a little thin and boring this week, but I have some leftovers from tonight and I'm really trying to reduce my food waste… it's hard cooking for one.

I may replace one or more of these workouts with a run now that the weather is getting so much nicer. I think part of the reason my loop felt so much easier yesterday was because it was chilly out - right around 60 degrees. I can't wear shoe at the moment because I have some VICIOUS blisters on both my feet from yesterday (my shoes have blood all over the backs, which is not appealing…)

SUNDAY
Asian Noodle and Vegetable Salad
Step Aerobics, 63 minutes

MONDAY
Leftovers
Rest Day

TUESDAY
Ranch chicken tacos with lettuce and tomato
Frontside circuit training, 43 minutes

WEDNESDAY
Leftovers
Backside circuit training, 53 minutes

THURSDAY
Beans and brown rice
Cardio Blast, 35 minutes

FRIDAY
Leftovers
Frontside circuit training, 43 minutes (and if I'm feeling SUPER ambitious, throw in 25 minutes of cardio kickboxing… but I probably won't!)

SATURDAY
Decide next week
Backside circuit training, 53 minutes

I'm off to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things, then it's time for step aerobics!


No comments:

Post a Comment