Sunday, September 2, 2012

Quick late-night update

I'm in love with September already.

I just wrote yesterday and don't have a whole lot to say today, but I like to share when I'm feeling good and looking forward to things, because I can look back when I feel like shit and realize that I'm capable of being positive, proactive, and happy.

I had a fantastic breakfast that I highly recommend now that I've tried it - half a cup of frozen blueberries, half of a banana (frozen is recommended but I used room temp and it was fine), a tablespoon of white chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of hemp protein powder, and a cup of vanilla almond milk. It was fantastic (and a gorgeous purple color!) and I think I will put together some little "smoothie packs" for the freezer so I can just throw them in the blender in the morning, add the almond milk and then be good to go. I did this for a little while with mixed frozen fruit for my green smoothies and it worked great, I didn't have to weigh out all my ingredients every morning.

I also picked up a giant unsweetened iced coffee from Starbucks and then spent much of the early afternoon helping my mom clear out her basement. I'd originally intended to go to Devil's Lake today, but got sucked into that instead. A lot of the junk down there is mine, and hopefully I burned a lot of calories taking bag after bag of junk upstairs and out to the curb.

My mom was nice enough to take me to a Thai place for lunch. I tried to be careful, but I'm having an impossible time trying to google an estimation for calories. I had tofu and lots of veggies in a "light brown sauce". I'm skipping dinner (this lunch was actually at like 3 pm, so it was sort of a combination) because I'm sure it had 1,000 or more calories in it, but I should still be in my range for the day. I tracked as best as I could.

I then had a really hard workout. The hardest I've done in a while, mainly because my feet were bleeding from blisters and it was really humid out. Did 3.6 miles of jogging (well, I walked on the uphill portions) and burned 575 calories. Not shabby. I felt pretty awful afterwards, though, I'm still sort of recovering. I always forget how hard that loop is because it's mainly just hills.

I'm getting excited for fall and pumpkin spice lattes and buying pumpkins for the patio and cooler weather and long sleeves. I hate winter, but fall is fantastic.

Oh, and I should mention that I'm back down to (a fully hydrated) 35.4 lbs lost, which is nice.

I'm going to have a small snack and then rest a bit. Tomorrow I'm going to a park with my friend and hopefully will get a bit of walking in along with the circuit training I have planned. If I stick with my workout plan for the week I may even reach 300 minutes this week. Gotta keep this going.

No comments:

Post a Comment